- You can add individual task activities in the Activities section of the task form.
- There can be more than one activity. Activities can be added by more than one user.
- The list of previous activities can be found in the Previous activities section.
- When filling out this part of the form, you have to enter the data correctly so that the activity at hand is assigned to the correct user and displayed in the correct work report.
- In the User field, you have to choose the user that really performed the given activity (work).
- If someone else enters activities into the system, they need to choose the correct user.
- If the person entering the data did not perform any task-related acitivity, they should not be chosen in the field.
- If they enter data for more than one user, they have to do it one by one.
- Each activity has certain properties: Time spent and Price.
- If you want the data in the individual work reports to be correct, you need to enter the correct data into the Time spent fields (how long the particular activity took up).
- If there are, for example, two users performing task-related activities and one of them spent 1.5 hours on it and the other 0.5 hours, you have to choose the first user for the first activity and enter 1 h and 30 min and then you have to choose the other user for the second activity and enter 30 min. If you enter 2 hours for both activities, the values will not reflect the reality. If you enter 2 hours for both activities, it means that each user spent 2 hours on the task.
For users to be able to receive emails after task creation, a valid email address must be entered in the Email setting and the Send tasks via email checkbox must be checked in their user account settings (Settings / Administrators / Administrators). Generally speaking, it is also necessary for the planning_email_from and planning_email_from_txt settings in Settings / Syst. settings / Scheduling to be specified.
First of all, it is necessary to find out whether this problem affects only one client (a few clients) or all clients. If the latter is the case, the problem is likely to be caused by incorrect global settings. If the former is the case, the problem may be caused by an incorrect individual setting in the Client card.
If invoices are not sent to any clients, check the proforma_automatic_send item in Invoicing / Settings / General. Using this item, you can globally set up the automatic sending of invoices after proforma invoice settlement. If the 0 (Do not send) option is selected, no invoice sending can happen.
It is not the only global setting that plays a role here. Even if you enabled the automatic sending of invoices after proforma invoice settlement (options 1-3), it does not necessarily mean that invoices will be sent.
Next, you can check the template settings. In Settings / Other / Email templates, a particular template must be chosen in the Default column. If no template is chosen, no emails with invoices can be sent.
If invoices are not sent to one particular client, check the relevant individual settings in the Client card: Is an email address entered in the form? Is the Send invoices via email checkbox checked? Is the Do not send invoices created from proforma invoices checkbox checked? If the Do not send invoices created from proforma invoices checkbox is checked, then no such invoices can be sent to the client.
For Nagios notifications to appear in Dashboard, it is necessary to set the system up accordingly:
- In Settings / Code lists / Nagios / Templates, you need to create a Dashboard template. Click on the Add new template button, fill in the form and save it.
- In Settings / Code lists / Nagios / Contacts, you have to create a group of contacts with the Dashboard notification type and a particular Dashboard template.
- In the Report outages for Nagios section of the router configuration, you need to choose the group by checking the corresponding box.
In Client card / Internet statistics, offline time can appear in the Client MAC address row. This information is not always displayed there. For it to appear, it is necessary for the MAC address to be retrieved from the corresponding router. This information relates to the MAC address, not to the service.
If you know that certain items are supposed to be in Inventory, but you cannot see them, you should first check your user account settings in Settings / Administrators / Administrators. If you do not have sufficient permissions to access this page, ask your system administrator to do the following for you:
- Find the relevant user account in the overview.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Move to the Inventory section of the form.
- Check the setting Manage only assigned items.
- If the checkbox is checked, it means that the user in question can see and work with only those items that have been assigned to him/her. If that is not what you want, change the settings and save the form.
If there are more users with the same problem, change the setting for all of them.
If the change in the setting does not resolve the problem, please contact our technical support.
- You cannot find the Settings / Administrators / Technicians tab because it does not exist in the system any more.
- Users can be added to the system in Settings / Administrators / Administrators only.
- If you find out that there are still users marked as technicians in your system and you need to edit them, for instance, contact our technical support. We will move these technicians to the Administrators tab.
- If you find out that there are columns missing from a table on a certain page, check whether the page includes an option to set it up.
- The same applies if there are columns missing from a CSV or PDF file.
- Check whether there is a grey icon with three white lines beneath the Clients / Home tab.
- If there is such an icon, click on it.
- A form appears in which you can choose what you want to appear on the page or in the corresponding export file.
- This is, for example, the form that is displayed when you click on the icon in the Clients / Contacts tab:
- Change the settings and save the form.
If you want to enter more than one item into a particular Email or Telephone number field, separate the individual items using commas or semicolons.
In ISPadmin 5, there are no such roles as Master admin or Main administrator. Thus, if you do not set all the items correctly, you might not see all that is available in the system. If you do not see all tabs/items, check your user account settings first.
If you find out that a certain tab is missing from the menu, it is first necessary to check whether you are allowed to see the tab at all. In most cases, the missing tab issue is caused by one of the following:
- A particular module is not included in your license, which is why you cannot see a given tab. For example, if the Invoicing Module is not included in your license, you cannot see the Invoicing tab in the Main menu or the Client card menu. You can find out which modules are included in the relevant section in Clients / Home page or in Dashboard. If you want to use the tab, you need to have the corresponding module added to your license. Please contact our Sales Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Even when the module is included in your license, it does not necessarily mean that you have access to a given tab. In the user permission settings (Settings / Administrators / Administrators), it is possible to forbid a user from entering certain parts of the system. In this case, contact your system administrator (someone whose responsibility is to set user permission settings) and ask them to check your user permission settings.
- Visibility of some of the tabs depends on whether certain data has been entered into the system or whether certain settings has been made correctly.
If you still cannot find the cause of the problem, contact our Technical Support (email@example.com).
If you export data from ISPadmin to a CSV file and then import the data to another application, it is important to make sure that the correct character set and the correct character encoding are used during the import process. The correct character set is Unicode and the correct character encoding is UTF-8. If a different set or encoding is used, it might cause various “strange” characters to appear within the imported data.